The F&M Football team will be sponsoring the 3rd annual Lil' Dips' Diaper Drive benefitting the Water Street Ministries this week.
Diapers or monetary donations can be dropped off any time throughout the week at the Football Leadership House (602 N. Pine St.), but also there will be a table collecting donations at the Homecoming Football Game on October 25th.
Please help us give back to the Lancaster community with a small donation.
Attached here is a flyer regarding this diaper drive as well.
Thanks, and Go Dips.
& the 2014 Diplomat Football players
Homecoming for the Dips!- Saturday, October 25, 2014 @ 1:00pm
vs. the Greyhounds of Moravian!
It's Homecoming! We are looking forward to a great game and a huge turnout. Just a few notes:
1. Tent City. Try to get there as early as you can to get a good spot for your tent. This week, we get shifted down a little so everything just slides a bit towards Harrisburg Avenue and around the bend a little more. There is a large tent that the University sets up in that first area adjacent to the field. You can kind of see it in this picture from last year with Ben & John! Speaking of whom, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't in attendance for this game so you might be able to get a pic with the original Dips if you bring your cameras and are so inclined.
2. Parking. Parking will be very tight. In fact, it is more likely than not that you may have to park across the street this week but you can pull in to drop off your tailgating supplies as usual. Just let the friendly student workers at the gate know you're dropping off and will park across the street.
3. Little Dips Diaper Drive. You received an email earlier this evening from Nicholas Porcelli and the Diplomat Football Team about their charitable collection of diapers for Water Street Ministries, a Lancaster area organization. Please bring a package of diapers and look for the Little Dips Diaper drive table or, you are also welcome to make a monetary donation which they will use to purchase diapers. FYI for freshman and transfer parents...there is a CVS just across the street from the field where College Ave intersects with Harrisburg Ave (away team side).
There is a small chance that we might need to borrow an old playpen for the diaper collection. I believe the boys might be looking for the one from last year but in the event is can't be rounded up in time, if you have an older one you could lend us for the day, could you email me or text my cell at (201) 245-1096
during the daytomorrow
5. Website. Our website is up and running again. We had a minor technology glitch this week but we are back online so please visit the site and check out or upload pictures from last week's game!
6. End of Year Banquet. The banquet is set for February 7, 2015 at the Best Western Eden Resort. If you are travelling from a distance and will be staying over, they will have a small block of rooms reserved for the event. When you call for a reservation, let them know you are with the Franklin & Marshall College Football Banquet event so they give you the discounted rate we get for this event. Information will be sent out in the next few weeks about RSVPing for the dinner, per person costs, etc. but I wanted to give you the information about the date so you can reserve your rooms.
7. Senior Game. Senior parents, your last home game will be coming up onSaturday, November 8th vs. Johns Hopkins. Please seek me out at some timeSaturday so we can coordinate what you would like to do and I can facilitate your plans in any way I can.